• Helps build hand-eye coordination skills
• Assists in developing finger strength and dexterity
• Offers a challenge in planning and anticipating outcomes from moving a marble through
• Variety of colors aids in color recognition
• Can be easily wiped clean
• Can alternatively be used as a lap weight (8 lbs)
The five main senses are: Touch, Sound, Sight, Taste and Smell.
Two other powerful senses are:
- Vestibular - Movement and balance sense. Provides feedback where the head and body are in relationship to external space.
- Proprioception - Joint and muscle sense. Provides feedback where and what the body
parts are doing. Since many special needs children are deprived of normal proprioception it makes it difficult to manage fine motor tasks which is needed to write correctly, button clothing and other important tasks.
Activities that support fine motor control of the hand and fingers are an important part of physical rehabilitation. The Gel Spiral is heat sealed vinyl that provides a MAZE for the child to move the marble throughout. In the process of moving the marble the child improves eye/hand coordination, strengthens the fingers and improves manual dexterity. When placed on the lap, the gel spiral also serves as a lap weight. Using a lap weight helps calm many special needs children. The pad is provided in four colors to add an additional sensory variable (color). The vinyl and gel are "toy" safe and are made from non-toxic materials.
914733B - Blue
914733G - Green
914733R - Red
914733Y - Yellow