Protects the resident's arms and legs against damage caused by friction and shearing
- Available in padded or unpadded (see models 503390-503394)
- Available in dark tones (see model 503362 - 503369)
- Breathable cotton-blend Lycra® protects against skin tears
- Thumb-hole cutouts keep arm sleeves in place
- Leg sleeves prevent skin shear at the heels and calves
- Protects I.V. and wound sites
- Sized to provide a comfortable fit up to and including bariatric residents
- Reusable and launderable
Skin is the largest organ of the body and is generally tough enough to resist breaking or tearing. The epidermis or the surface layer is generally thinner at areas of bony prominences such as the knees, ankles or elbows. Also, as age increases, the skin weakens, thins and becomes more susceptible to abrasions. When the skin is scraped the abrasions could contain dirt and opens the possibility of bacterial infections. Once an abrasion occurs, the typical Antibiotic should be used and it is beneficial to protect the skin with a covering to prevent additional damage to keep the site clean and from drying out.
In addition to protecting the bruised area, geri-sleeves are very effective in protecting the skin and preventing abrasions from occurring. These geri-sleeves, also referred to as arm sleeves, arms socks, armed guards and are sized to fit sizes from children to adults. They come in models that fit the arms, legs and for further protection, padded models are available. The geri-sleeves can be laundered in a standard washer/dryer.